Friday, May 26, 2006

Oz Day 324.

It is approaching winter again. I am fine, and how have you been?

D. on her third visit to Perth said I am definitely a lot happier here than in Singapore. And the few people I have remained in contact with from Singapore agree with D. on that assessment. As for myself, it is still too early to figure out where the best place is for me but I think I am falling in love with Perth and WA. Of course the cynical part of me is still waiting for the “downside” to hit me hard. At this time, the biggest downside in not having D. permanently by my side – a situation that is being addressed and should hopefully be resolved before 2008. Then there is the possibility that I will not be able to adapt to living with D., given that I have gotten so used to living alone (from mental standpoint, if not literally). However that is a topic for another day.


Have not been blogging much simply because there is nothing much to write about. Compelling writing requires conflict, friction, crisis, et al. And life here has been relatively peaceful and a bit dreamy. Sort of like being in a nice dream and knowing that you are having a nice dream, but not wanting to wake from it. And nobody really wants to read about pleasantly dull my life has been for the last couple months, do they?

6 Comments:

Blogger Puppetress said...

my buddy drives a 4WD in perth as well. and i never understand why.

seems like only perth peeps loves 4WD.

the rest of Oz prefers the slick power cars.

May 26, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Southern Sky said...

Winter has the best sunsets. Enjoy.

May 26, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Calamity Man said...

nah, for me, that'd be excellent.

i was very happy when you started writing again.

have you changed your cellphone no?

May 26, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger H M said...

Well I do! Call me kaypoh/busybody but you write well and I enjoy reading about your experiences here. I moved here on my own just over a year ago n fell in love with Perth, and it's nice to know someone else 'gets' this place too. Good luck n keep writing.

May 26, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

It's great to hear that life for you is pleasantly dull. Take care.

June 05, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger KnightofPentacles said...

puppetress:
Maybe because the Eastern States have well-developed multi-lane road systems which allow full enjoyment of slick power cars? And Western Australia (outside of the urban centres) is largely uninhabited land with sealed bitumen roads primarily between population centres?

southern sky:
Totally. Especially with a bit of cloud cover and rain - brings out the rainbows and spectacular colours. And I am also looking forward to deep winter (when it is drier) when the Gravity Discovery Centre opens up their telescope for public access.

calamity man:
I am out of credits on that phone number.

h m:
Thank you. Western Australia is one of the better places in the world to live in, imho from my limited travel experiences.

anthony:
Heh. Good times never last. Neither do bad times. I am sure something or other will come along to disrupt the pleasantly dull life - hopefully to make it pleasantly exciting.

June 06, 2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home