Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oz Day 305.

*cautiously peeking out from hiding under the proverbial rock in the desert that is Perth, Western Australia...*

Now that the Singapore elections are over, is it safe to blog again?

Every time I have tried to sit down at the keyboard, I am overcome with the desire to make snarky and explicit persistently political comments that would no doubt get me into some form of trouble.

And between two jobs and tinkering around with a new electronics hobby project (currently on indefinite hold) and generally having a ball of a time just being busy living.. and staying out of trouble - there has not been much time to write. Much as I enjoy it.

In the ongoing spirit of doing more of what I enjoy - as long as it does not hurt anybody - I promise myself to try to start writing regularly again. For myself and for like the.. oh, two other people who still check in on this blog occasionally.

I am more contented than I have been for some years. Not that life is perfect - it never is. However living here for the last 10 months or so, I still constantly find tiny little things that bring me glee. Like Violet Crumble for example. And Baskin-Robbins icecream. And the brainwave of my housemates to move one of the computers (which we use mainly for DVD-playing) to within a few metres of the heater in the living room.

Broadband residential internet connection (18Mbps unlimited for A$50/month- beat that you overpriced "world-class" telco-provider in that advanced "first-world" island nation-state!) right in front of a gas heater in a quiet house (I can hear the heater humming away) in the afternoon of a sunny (but still cold) autumn Sunday.

It is not perfect but it is a lot closer to the contented peace (and blissful quiet) that I have not known I had been missing for the last 3 decades.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laughingcow said...

Ah, life is never perfect, but it's nice to know that you're doing well.

And I think we're all glad that we can start blogging again, snarky political comments and all! ;)

May 07, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger smazh said...

Nice to know you're living warm and contented :)

May 08, 2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

portable heater is such a joy to have during the day. But I cannot live without central heating. Heh.

May 08, 2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous teacup said...

Which provider, and plan is that? I'm so tired of hitting my quota per month.

June 09, 2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home