Tuesday, July 05, 2005

SG Sitrep 12.


T minus 1.
In under 24 hours I will be in Perth...


There is a big traditional Chinese funeral being held in the void desk next to the block of HDB flats that I am in. Woke up this morning listening to the prayers and chants mourning the dead. A funeral dirge.. how appropriate the music.

Instead of getting my butt around to packing my bags, I am instead procrastinating here surfing the net on the family machine, blogging and listening to chirpy Nashville music - skipping the sad songs - to keep my spirits up. Putting together that last 20kg of baggage just feels so final.

People around me have commented that I am "all over the place" recently. Unfocused to the point where carrying a conversation is a challenge. Well now. My excuse is that I sort of have quite a bit of stuff on my mind recently. [ Just interrupted myself here to call MINDEF to do the overseas trip notification. Will do the exit permit application later at leisure. ]

Have no idea how I am going to handle the airport tomorrow. One thing is for sure: If I do chicken out of leaving at the last minute tomorrow morning, I will be forever psychologically constrained to this tiny 40 km by 22 km island - no matter how far my body gets to travel in life.

I wonder what was going through the mind of Julius Caesar as he stood at the banks of the Rubicon.


Somehow why do I know that I am not likely to be getting much sleep tonight..

7 Comments:

Blogger A.Ball.of.Yarn said...

Well, this is it. I admire your courage in leaving, and will look forward to reading about your adventures in Perth.

July 05, 2005 6:25 PM  
Blogger MQube said...

Good luck! Looking forward to updates of your new adventure.

July 05, 2005 8:28 PM  
Blogger D T said...

All the best. Do take care.

July 05, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger jettykey said...

All the best! Update when you get to Perth.

July 05, 2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Tym said...

I suspect you'll only read this when you're Down Under, but best of luck! I know you have the heart in you to make it.

July 05, 2005 11:46 PM  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

Take care of yourself, and make lots of wonderful memories in Perth. :)

July 06, 2005 1:29 AM  
Blogger mfopd said...

well you don't know me, but take care dude...

July 06, 2005 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home